The Baby Animals Model Swapper Mod also has the Squickens Mod built-in. The Baby Animals Model Swapper Mod adds in baby versions of all the animals in the game. It allows players to raise animals like on a farm, instead of dealing with loggerhead versions that are in the base game. The baby versions that are added by the Baby Animals Model Swapper Mod look like their parents, only in a smaller form.
- Ability to tame baby animals. Do this by giving them wheat.
- Ability to have a baby animal follow you. Do this by giving them seeds. Don’t move too fast or they’ll get lost!
- Right click on the animals with an empty hand and they’ll stop following you.
- To make babies ‘wild’ again you can give them yucky cactus greens.
- Thrown eggs have a small chance of hatching chicks.
- Baby animals will not follow adults.
- Tamed baby animals can turn into adults by giving them a birthday cake.
- The adult is permanently tamed and will still follow you if you offer it seeds.
- Tame sheep can be dyed like wild sheep. To shear them, right-click on them with a piece of flint. Their wool grows back in a full Minecraft day (20 minutes).
- Tame pigs can be saddled, but not controlled. Right click with a stick to ride/dismount. Once the saddle is put on, it does not come off.
- Tame chickens lay eggs every 5-10 minutes
- If you give another cake to a tamed cow, sheep or pig, they become ‘pregnant’ and have a baby in 9, 5, or 4 full Minecraft Days, respectively. Sleeping does not speed this up, it will take 20 minutes times the number of days. They might also have twins (1/32 chance.)
- Redstone dust can be used to restore full health to tame animals.
- It will also regrow sheep fur instantly, makes chickens lay an egg instantly, and will cause a pregnant animal to give birth instantly.
The mod features the ability to tame and have baby animals by feeding those seeds. Moving too fast will cause them to get lost. You can also make them stop following you by right clicking using an empty slot. If you want to have your baby animals be wild again, feeding them, a cactus green will make them wild.
Unlike vanilla Minecraft, baby animals in the Baby Animals Model Swapper Mod 1.7.10 will not follow the adults. There is also a smaller chance that thrown eggs will hatch a chicken. You also can age up a baby animal by feeding them cake. If your animals are hurt, you can feed them redstone dust to restore the tamed animal to full health. This also causes sheep to regrow their wool instantly, chickens to lay eggs, and pregnant animals to give birth.
The time that a chicken takes to a lay an egg has also adjusted so, it is every 5 to 10 minutes. If you want more baby animals, you can have a tamed animal become pregnant and just wait for 4 to 9 Minecraft days to pass. There is also the possibility that you will get twins from the pregnant animal.
If you are using version of Minecraft that is above version 1.6.4, the mod just swaps the models and adds the functions for the adult animals.
The Squickens Mod 1.11/1.8/1.7.10 adds a new type of mob to the world. A squicken is a mixture of a squid and chicken. This mob cannot spawn, so there is no worry about them taking over the world. You will have to create your own. Luckily, after you have managed to create two squickens, you can breed as many squickens as you want. All you need is raw fish to breed. Every once in a while, they will lay an ink sack. Squickens act like chickens and are farmed the same way as animals in the mod.
The Baby Animals Model Swapper Mod and the Squickens Mod are both great mods that allow you to farm animals. At the moment, the mod is not being updated, with the last version being for 1.11.2.
How to install?
- Make sure you Need Minecraft Forge
- Download Mod Installation: file from link(s) below
- Go to Start menu. Type: %appdata%/.minecraft. Press Enter to Run %appdata%/.minecraft
- Go to minecraft/modsfolder. If Mods folder does not exist, create one
- Put Mod file into the mods folder
- Launch Minecraft using Forge Profile, then Open Menu.
For minecraft 1.6.4
For minecraft 1.7.10/1.7.2
For minecraft 1.8
For minecraft 1.10.2/1.9.4
For minecraft 1.11
For minecraft 1.11.2
Credits: cocoavalley, MrIbby