How to Convert the Stubborn Wolves into Obedient Dogs Using Doggy Talents Mod
If you are a Minecraft gamer, then you know how hard it is to tame a wolf and make it a dog. Fortunately, Doggy Talents Mod will make the taming easier. Typically, dogs serve a noble purpose of pursuing your enemies and ensuring that you stay safe. However, these wolfs has a terrible AI, which might even make them walk to their death with their eyes wide open. You can tame the wolves now, convert them to dogs and teach them the basic skills.
Once you install the Doggy Talents Mod, you can increase the number of commands you issue to the dogs. In fact, you will have a better chance to interact with the dogs, and you can even treat them as pets. You will have an ultimate gaming experience when you sit with your dog and enjoy a catch game at the end of the day. You can have this privilege and many more playing options when you use a mod.
Benefits of Using Doggy Talents
For starters, you will have a chance to convert the stubborn wolfs into obedient dogs. The mod has special treats, which you can give to the wolves and subtly convert them to submissive dogs. You have the liberty of creating a special treat item to give to the dog. In addition, the mod provides you with other additional menu features, which can enable you to allow or prohibit other players from issuing commands to your dog. You can even give the dog a name.
Secondly, you can add the dog’s fighting prowess and enable it to become more versatile when it is in a battle. The Doggy Talents Mod (Pet Doggy Training) benefit supersedes the ability to have the dog as your pet. You can add the dog’s fighting skills and enable it to inflict more damage when it is engaged in combat. Therefore, you will have a fabulous pet at the end of the day and a ruthless soldier in the battlefield.
It is important to note that you can convert the wolves into any type of dogs. Typically, dog skills have five levels, which are not easy to master. However, Doggy Talents Mod 1.7.10 enables you to add talents to your dog. In fact, you have 18 different talents available, and you can select accordingly. Every dog has unique talents, which can become handy at any given moment. Some of the talents include BlackPelt, HuntingDog, PackPupy, ShepherdDog and PillorPaw.
Every treat unlocks special talent in the dog. Therefore, if you want to develop a certain character in your dog, all you have to do is issue the right treats.
Usage & Feature:
As if that’s not enough, also has improved AI (Artificial Intelligence) of these animals to allow us to interact more with them. With this mod we can play with our wolves to hide things for them to look. These changes in attitude allow us to improve your mood thanks to a new system of hunger and rest, based on beds for them and feeders.
To begin with this, we right click on our wolf with a new object that adds the mod (similar to a wooden stick), thus a graphical interface as a menu where you can see your skills will appear.
Our partner, Sr.lobo can unlock new abilities when it exceeds the level 20 experience, as well as 40 and 60.
First You will need to tame a Vanilla wolf.
Then right click on the wolf with a training treat. And he will become a dog.
To make sure he is right click on him with s stick and it will come up with the Dogs Gui, where you can rename your dog and add talents to him.
As you see now there are less talents (At the moment more coming soon) that the original mod. You can now rename him and a label will appearer on the dog.
To level up your dog simple right click agian with a training treat. For every level you dog goes up you dog gets 1 point to spend on talents.
Once you dog reachs level 20 you will have to use Super treats then once it reachs level 40 you will have to use Master treats. This will take you dog to level 60. After that you can use Dire treats to up his dire level. Once his dire level reachs level 30 he will get more health and attack strenght and will have ender portal particles around him.
There are currently 18 different talents you can give to your dog they are…
- BlackPelt: Improves critical hit rate, which increases damage by 50%.
- GuardDog: Increases the chance that your dog will completely block a physical attack.
- HunterDog: Every level grants a 10% chance to make anything your dog kills drop its loot twice. Level 5 grants an extra 10%, bringing it up to a 60% chance.
- HellHound: Lets your dog set things on fire with its attacks. The higher the level, the longer the fire lasts. Mastering this skill grants your dog immunity to all fire damage.
- PackPuppy: Each level gives your dog 3 inventory slots in its PackPuppy GUI. To open the GUI right click on your dog with a snowball in hand! At level 5, your dog will also automatically pick up any nearby items if it has space in its inventory. It will not, however, pick up throwbones or drooled throwbones, since that would get in the way of playing fetch.
- PillowPaw: Every level lets your dog fall 3 more blocks before it starts taking damage. Mastering this skill makes your dog completely immune to fall damage, and also capable of floating/gliding when it jumps.
- ShepherDog: Put some wheat in your hand, and any trained ShepherDogs will immediately rustle up some nearby livestock and carry them for you, making it easier to transport livestock long distances. This is quite tiring though, and costs a lot of nourishment (the cost is reduced with higher levels in the skill). To have your dog drop the animal, simply right-click on the dog.
- CreeperSweeper: A dog with this skill can smell creepers in the area, and if your dog isn’t sitting, it will growl to warn you. The range at which your dog can detect creepers increases by 6 blocks per level, and mastering this skill will make your dog capable of attacking creepers. Your dog will reset the creeper’s detonation timer with each attack.
- DoggyDash: Increases your dog’s movement speed while chasing a target. Every level grants a 12% increase, and mastering it grants an additional 15% increase.
- FisherDog: Whenever your dog enters the water, it may catch a fish, which it will give to you when it shakes itself dry. The chance of catching a fish increases with level, and any points in HellHound may cause the fish to be pre-cooked. Mastering this skill lets your dog breathe underwater.
- HappyEater: Increases the NP your dog gets from food items by 10% per level. In addition, level 3 lets your dog eat rotten flesh, and level 5 lets your dog eat fish.
- BedFinder: While a dog with this skill is on your head, it will look in the direction of your home. To get the dog on you head right click on him with a bone in hand. The range at which it can do this is equal to 200 blocks per level, but becomes infinite at level 5.
- PestFighter: Inflicts 1 point of damage on all nearby silverfish at random. Increasing the skill level increases the range by 3 blocks, and mastering the skill doubles the damage.
- PoisonFang: Your dog’s attacks will poison their target, and the poison’s duration increases with level. At level 3 your dog becomes immune to poison, and mastering this skill allows you to cleanse yourself of all potion effects, including poison, by right-clicking on your dog with a spider eye, at the cost of 30 NP.
- QuickHealer: Improves the rate at which your dog heals without needing to rest. Max this out and your dog will be able to heal 50% faster by sitting.
- RescueDog: If you’re at critical health and a dog with this skill is following you, it will attempt to heal you half a heart per level in this skill, at the cost of 100 NP. Mastering this skill reduces the cost to 80 NP.
- PuppyEyes: This skill will cause your dog to warm the heart of any villager, prompting the villager to give you presents! Higher levels in the skill increase the quality of the random gifts. This can only be done once every two Minecraft days. Mastering the skill allows you to do this once every SINGLE Minecraft day.
- Wolf Mount: This allows you to ride your dog at speed around the land. To mount your dog jump and right click on the dog with nothing in your hand. Beware NP points drain faster while riding your dog.
You first task would be to create a training treat and feed it to one of your tamed wolfs. In doing so your wolf has now become a dog: a much more playful and useful friend to have at your side. If you are unsure whether you now have a dog or think I am misleading you right click your dog with a plain old vanilla stick. BAMM there you have it, the gui where you can edit details, give talents, change your dogs name etc. It looks like this…
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
For Minecraft 1.6.2/1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.8
For Minecraft 1.8.9
For Minecraft 1.9.4
For Minecraft 1.10.2
For Minecraft 1.11.2
Credits: ProPercivalalb, RaustBlackDragon