Hardcore Darkness Mod for Minecraft – A Great Solution
You should approach the following with the warning that it’s designated for players who are seeking more challenge out of the game in mind. The Hardcore Darkness Mod lives up to its name and is designated for hardcore players who are not afraid of a bit of a struggle. With this in mind, it’s safe to say that your ability to see in the darkest and deepest recesses of the Earth in Minecraft without even using a simple torch could be quite annoying if you are the type of the details. Of course, it makes it easier, but the fact that you can see all of it without using a light is a bit upsetting for the players who seek the most out of the game.
Hardcore Darkness really sets the bar for difficulty in Minecraft
With this in mind, It is here to remedy the situation by getting rid of this highly unnatural occurrence in the best possible way – by giving reactive and real darkness to the game. If you have no light around you, or you aren’t carrying a torch, you are going to see exactly what you are supposed to see in real life – nothing. Of course, you can turn the brightness settings to a maximum and fix this but then again, why would you go for the mod if you want to do so?
Now, you’d expect that this would only take place in caves and underground, but you’d be wrong. The Hardcore Darkness Mod sets out to bring the best experience, and this includes when you are above the ground as well. While the stars and the moon are going to provide you with some light as they are naturally reflecting it, you won’t be able to see a thing if you aren’t carrying a torch, making moving through the night incredibly hard. The fact that you have no idea of hostile surrounding mobs in the game does add a certain amount of scary to the game, and that’s something that’s going to provide you with even better sensation.
The Hardcore Darkness Mod is for dedicated players who want to experience the most out of the game without having to suffer through the unnatural occurrences that it sometimes has to offer. This is the perfect solution to improve the sensation of the game by adding a lot of excitement and reality to it. It’s definitely designated to make it more challenging which should trigger the competitiveness in you, and it’s one of its main intentions.
After you install this mod it will be in mode 0, there are 3 different modes and they can be changed in the config file:
- There is no minimum block & sky light
- There is no minimum block light
- There is no minimum block light & the sky light is dependent on the moon phase
There are also some other options in the config file:
- “Dark Nether” : “Whether the minimum light of the nether should also be removed”
- “Dark End” : “Whether the minimum light of the end should also be removed”
- “Dark Twilight Forest” : “Whether the time in the Twilight Forest should be fixed to midnight instead of dusk”
- “AlternativeNightSkylight” : “In Mode 1 & 2 the skylight has a slightly blue tint, this option replaces that with a slightly green/yellow tint”
- “Dimension Blacklist” : “A list of dimension ids separated by “,” in which Hardcore Darkness will not take effect”
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download Mod file from link(s) below
- Go to Start menu. Type: %appdata%/.minecraft. Press Enter to Run %appdata%/.minecraft
- Go to minecraft/modsfolder. If Mods folder does not exist, create one
- Put Mod file into the mods folder
- Launch Minecraft using Forge Profile, then Open Menu
For minecraft 1.7.10
For minecraft 1.8
For minecraft 1.8.8 – 1.8.9
For minecraft 1.9
For minecraft 1.10.2
For minecraft 1.11.2/1.11