Yours Guide about Storage Drawers Mod for Minecraft
The chest that is offered in the Minecraft game is perfect for storing the materials that you accumulated, but they have a limitation. First, if a solid block is located on top of the chest, the chest will be rendered useless since you need to remove the block first. There are also instances when you have to relocate the chest or times that the chest is broken. Some players have found this “limitation” as annoying as they have to remodel the design of their house in order to have room for the storage. The Storage Drawers Mod offers a fix for this inconvenience by providing a set of storage that opens outward rather than the ordinary upward motion. This simply implies that you may place an item on top of the chest and still access the items stored inside.
Due to the outward function of the door chest, you may not place an item in front of the storage. With containers provided in the Storage Drawers Mod 1.11.2, there will be no usual slotted interface. Interacting with this feature is similar with the Jabba. A simple click on the desired chest will allow you to access and interact with the chest.
A simple right click on will insert the complete stack in your hand to the chest. On the off chance that the drawer is already filled, it will transfer a portion of it. Tap the right click twice and the compatible items will be stacked into the drawer or until such time that the drawer is full. With mod, a single left click will remove a distinct item inside the chest. Hold the Shift when tapping the left click in order to instantly remove the entire items. In order to access the user interface that provides you the tally of items located in all your storage, simple hold the shift key while tapping on the right click. You will need to learn how you can interact with the chest before you will be able to use their function fully. There are instances when you need to perform redundant function when using the Storage Drawers Mod 1.10.2/1.12/1.7.10, which can be annoying to some Minecraft players. But the fact that it can hold a huge amount of item is an appealing feature.
There is no traditional slotted inventory with these containers. Interaction is click-based similar to Jabba. Clicking on one of drawers on front will interact with that drawer.
- Right-Click: Insert full stack in hand into drawer (or partial stack if the drawer fills).
- Left-Click: Remove a single item from the drawer.
- Shift+Left-Click: Remove a full stack from the drawer.
There’s 4 styles of drawer sets available, which come in 2- or 4-drawer varieties and half-depth and full-depth varieties. Each style has different base capacities.
Drawers come in five configurations, trading capacity and compactness at different points:
- Half-size 2×2: Stores 4 stacks per drawer.
- Half-size 1×2: Stores 8 stacks per drawer.
- Full-size 2×2: Stores 8 stacks per drawer.
- Full-size 1×2: Stores 16 stacks per drawer.
- Full-size 1×1: Stores 32 stacks per drawer.
Capacity can be further boosted with storage upgrades. Upgrades do not need to be applied in sequence, so you can pick the size you need from the start.
If you need an estimate of how full your drawers are, indicator upgrades are available to put a fill bar on your drawers.
- Level 1: The indicator bar will light up when the drawer is full.
- Level 2: The indicator bar will fill proportional to how full the drawer is.
Like many storage mods, upgrades are available to increase capacity over base levels. Upgrades are crafted separately and must be applied to an existing drawer block. You do not need to step through all the upgrade levels. Breaking an upgraded drawer block will drop the upgrade item separately.
Drawer blocks are sided inventories and compatible with hoppers, tubes, and other input mechanisms. Input is accepted on the top, bottom, or back face of the blocks. There are no output faces. The block is meant to be an inventory end-point that you interact with, rather than a transient storage block.
Drawers can be crafted in the 6 vanilla plank styles.
Compacting Drawers and the Drawer Controller:
Compacting drawers are a special stone-colored drawer that auto-convert compressible items. Instead of manually crafting and uncrafting between gold blocks, ingots, and nuggets, put them in a compacting drawer. The drawer will internally maintain a pool of the material, and let you insert or remove the material in any of the shown forms.
The compacting behavior applies to any item with a compressed recipe, including redstone, glowstone, wheat, and many others.
Drawer Controllers are the second special block in the mod. They will search for any connected drawer within 12 blocks, and then expose all of those drawers as a large combined inventory. This lets you hook up a single pipe, tube, duct, spark, storage bus, etc. and interact with the entire bank of drawers.
The second function of the controller is as a deposit-only interactive block. By right-clicking on the front face with an item, the item will be deposited into the connected network. By double-right clicking, it will attempt to dump your entire inventory. Items will only be dumped if they already exist in the network, allowing you to clear out a bunch of mob drops or farmed crops without literally dumping your entire inventory.
Controller Slaves act as an extension of a drawer controller, exposing more faces for attaching machines, pipes, or crafting frames. Controllers will bind to a slave when they find them on the network, and all slaves bound to the same controller will share the same inventory and range as that controller. Unlike drawers, slaves cannot be shared, and you should be careful to not put them in range of multiple controllers. Using controller slaves is better for performance than using multiple controllers.
Trim blocks are decorative wood paneled blocks similar to wooden drawers, but they can also be used to connect drawer blocks within a controller network.
While some players choose to use Storage Drawers as a replacement for other storage mods, it works best with others.
- If aesthetics are important, the drawers complement many of the Bibliocraft blocks.
- Drawers are compatible with Jabba’s dolly, letting you move around filled blocks without needing to empty their contents and break them.
- Special compatibility is added for Thaumcraft, displaying an aspect label for the difficult-to-distinguish essentia-based items.
- All drawer blocks are compatible with Applied Energistics 2 storage buses, and this is the preferred way for seeing the exact contents of a drawer. A special consideration for compacting drawers: the full amount of blocks, ingots, and nuggets will be listed by the system, even though those amounts cannot exist simultaneously.
- WAILA will list the inventories of drawers, including their exact counts.
- A MineTweaker API is available for controlling the ore dictionary conversion whitelist and blacklist.
- Every block and item can be individually disabled in the mod’s configuration file. If you ever run into trouble with a specific block, like the controller, disabling the block will let Forge remove it from your world without needing to disable the entire mod and lose all your stored items.
- Many individual features and aspects of the mod can also be changed in the configuration, including base storage sizes and recipe outputs.
- The full configuration is available through Forge’s mod config screens, accessible from the title screen.
- This mod adds new storage solutions to your workshops that resembles a mix of Jabba Barrels and Bibliocraft Item Shelves over traditional storage containers. It’s not a replacement for either though, so you should check those mods out too.
Half Drawers 1×2
Half Drawers 2×2
Upgrades (II – VI)
- This Storage Drawers Mod requires Chameleon Library and Minecraft Forge before you can use it. So download and install the requirements first.
- Download the latest version of the mod.
- Unlike some of the Mod, the mod is offered in a .jar file. Simply move it on the mod folder located inside the Minecraft folder.
- Enjoy playing your Minecraft with this tweak.
The mods of Minecraft such as Storage Drawers Mod offer a better way to play the game.
For Minecraft 1.12
For Minecraft 1.11.2
For Minecraft 1.11
For Minecraft 1.10.2/1.10.0
For Minecraft 1.9.4
For Minecraft 1.9
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.8.0
For Minecraft 1.8.9
Storage Drawers Mod 1.8.9: http://dl3.azminecraft.info/index.php?act=dl&id=1453385527
Chameleon library: http://dl4.azminecraft.info/index.php?act=dl&id=1453385528
For Minecraft 1.8.8
Chameleon 1.8.8: http://dl4.azminecraft.info/index.php?act=dl&id=1450616793